2256 Columbus Rd.
Granville, OH 43023
Baths: 5 (full) | 2 (half)
Own a piece of history! Featured in the Aug 15 edition of Columbus Monthly, the Middleton House is a unique, historic estate on 7.401 acres atop an elevated site overlooking surrounding hills & valleys of Granville. Originally built in 1915, this English Country-style residence served as the original site of the Granville Literary and Theology Institution, as well as a guest house and conference center for Denison University. Today, the Middleton House stands as a stunning single-family home, thanks to years of respectful renovation and restoration to preserve its historical integrity, while adding practical amenities for modern-living.
With so many incredible features throughout this incredible multi-faceted home, here are some of its highlights ~
- Grand foyer with 2-story ceilings, elegant carpeted stair and custom arched window.
- Light-filled living room with wood-burning marble fireplace, built-in cabinetry and French doors leading to grand terrace.
- Family room and adjacent office/den, each with a fireplace.
- Elegant formal dining room with original oak wood paneling, built-in leaded glass cabinetry, tiled fireplace and bay window.
- Completely renovated (in 2006) gourmet chef's kitchen offers one-of-a-kind Lebanese mosaic marble-tiled flooring, custom island w/built-in breakfast table and prep area, white Carrarra marble countertops, porcelain apron-front sink, Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer & Wolf gas stove with double oven, walk-in pantry, wet bar with wine cooler and ice machine, desk work station and adjacent laundry room.
First Upper Level...
- 4 bedrooms with private bathrooms, large closets and fireplaces.
- Wonderfully spacious master suite with seating area, fireplace, French doors leading to private balcony and striking tiled bath with glass shower, dual marble vanities, walk-in closet and laundry closet.
Second Upper Level...
- Large recreation room with adjacent media room.
- 5th bedroom and hall bath.
- Completely finished and renovated in 2006.
- Exercise room, studio/workshop/project room, 6th bedroom and bath - all with egress windows.
- Walk-in wine cellar.
- Access door to outside.
- Beautiful 14 acres with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Lots of space to relax, play and entertain on sprawling, covered wrap-around porches, veranda and gently-rolling grounds.
- Four car detached garage with extra storage.
- 25-car paved parking lot and motor court.
- MLS Number: 218011012
- Property Type: House
- Garage: 4
- Listing Courtesy Of: Kate and Tony Thomas