April 2008 e-Newsletter
New Albany, OH 1st Qtr 2008 Sales Results Look Good!
Year To Date New Albany Market Review:
There are many reasons to be optimistic about the housing market, not the least of which shows year to date unit sales in New Albany are up over the same period last year. The Columbus Board of Realtors recently published a few other pieces of good news I’d like to share:
1. Columbus will boast the nation's 8th fastest home sales rate in 2008, predicts Forbes.com and Moodys.com
2. Columbus was ranked the nation's 6th most stable market by Standard & Poor's.
3. Sales in central Ohio will rise in 2008, according to the Chief Economist of the National Association of REALTORS®, Lawrence Yun. This is not expected to happen in every market.
4. Because our housing market is "sure and steady," we may be the first region of the United States to see a significant boost in appreciation, according to the Chief Economist of the National Association of REALTORS®.
5. The high interest rates that have characterized past recessions are nowhere in sight.As you will see below, the results vary from neighborhood to neighborhood. If you would like specific information about your neighborhood or an area outside of New Albany, just give us a call. Let us know if you want a confidential market analysis to assist you with a decision to make a move in 2008! With lots of great homes to choose from, it’s a great time to buy a home - contact Kate & Tony today!